Fellowship applications are anonymized. Please ensure that no identifying details (name, publication titles, etc.) appear anywhere in your application. Applications which include identifying details will be discarded.
Dickinson House is pleased to offer one fellowship to a visual artist for the 2018 residency season. This fellowship (two two-week residency) waives the residency fee (room and board). All fellows are responsible for travel costs, their own insurance and visa fees, and any incidentals.
Fellowships are awarded based on merit and need. People of color, women, and queer/LGBT people are especially encouraged to apply.
You do not need to apply for a residency separately if you apply for a fellowship. Your fellowship application constitutes application for residency.
* * *
To apply for a fellowship, please send the following in ONE PDF FILE:
- A brief essay that tells us why you're applying to come to Dickinson House at this point in your work. What can we offer you—and what will you bring? Show us you're familiar with the space and its ethos. Excite us about having you here in community. (500 words)
- Your plans for your residency. (200 words)
- If applicable: a statement of financial/circumstantial need. Financial/ circumstantial need is a major determinant for this fellowship. (300 words)
- On their own page: your email address, postal address, and phone number, as well as any dates you are not available to be in residence (in 2018 we will be open in late May, June, July, August, and September).
- A link to an anonymized gallery of up to ten images/up to five minutes of video.
- Applications are open from June 1 until July 1 (Belgian time; note deadline change). There is no application fee.
- All applications are anonymized. Do not leave any identifying marks on your application materials. Applications with identifiers (name, etc.) will not be read by the jury. Please do, however, indicate clearly if you belong to a demographic which Dickinson House wishes to serve: writers of color, women writers, lgbtq writers.